Another week, two more memorable moments for Chivas USA young gun Erick “El Cubo” Torres.
The 21-year-old Goats forward picked up the Major League Soccer Player of the Week for Week 17 on Monday on the heels of a four-day stretch that saw him the game-winning goal against both the San Jose Earthquakes and the Montreal Impact.
Torres – who scored a remarkable bicycle kick in Saturday’s win over the Impact that is currently up for the AT&T Goal of the Week – now has 12 goals in 17 appearances this season, tied for second in MLS. This is his first Player of the Week award of the season.
The MLS Player of the Week is selected each week of the regular season by a panel of journalists from NASR. The group consists of members of print, television, radio and online media.
2014 MLS PLAYER OF THE WEEK
- Week 17: Erick Torres (Chivas USA)
- Week 16: Jack McInerney (Montreal Impact)
- Week 15: Luis Silva (D.C. United)
- Week 14: Fanendo Adi (Portland Timbers)
- Week 13: Deshorn Brown (Colorado Rapids)
- Week 12: Landon Donovan (LA Galaxy)
- Week 11: Federico Higuaín (Columbus Crew)
- Week 10: Harry Shipp (Chicago Fire)
- Week 9: Joao Plata (Real Salt Lake)
- Week 8: Bradley Wright-Phillips (New York Red Bulls)
- Week 7: Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake)
- Week 6: Clint Dempsey (Seattle Sounders)
- Week 5: Clint Dempsey (Seattle Sounders)
- Week 4: Graham Zusi (Sporting Kansas City)
- Week 3: Bernardo Añor (Columbus Crew)
- Week 2: Jermain Defoe (Toronto FC)
- Week 1: Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake)