With the squads having become official over the past couple of days, the Press Association in England decided to analyze the squads using a few different metrics.
Go and check it out for yourself but here are 10 facts that might help you win your bracket pool.
- Argentina and Honduras are tied for the oldest squads, averaging 28.9 years, while USA nemesis Ghana averages out to be the youngest team at 25.5 years old.
- USA are tied with Ecuador and South Korea for the second fewest UEFA Champions League players in their squad with only 1. Iran does not have any players who participated in the Champions League.
- Germany (218) and Spain (217) have the most international goals in their squad. USA would have been third with 167 had Landon Donovan been called in.
- Algeria (40) has the fewest international goals in their squad, 13 less than any other team.
- England has the most players under 21 in their squad with four. 15 teams do not have any such players.
- Spanish players average 59.3 international caps, almost 10 more than any other team.
- As you would expect with so few goals, Algeria averages the fewest amount of international caps of any squad with 15.8.
- Even though their players average 38.2 caps, Ivory Coast has the most players with fewer than five caps with seven such players.
- With La Liga dominating European competitions, you might want a team with players that play in that league. Spain, as you would guess, has the most with 14 while Portugal comes in second with five.
- All of Russia's players play in their domestic league, the only team at the World Cup that can say that.
OTHER ARTICLES TO HELP YOU FILL OUT YOUR BRACKET
Helpful tips to pick your semifinalists
Who does Goldman Sachs have winning it all?
Which international power is most likely to bow out after the group stage?
How far do you have USMNT going?
How far do you have El Tri going?