REMINDER: The Knockout Round transfer deadline is Wednesday at 10:15pm ET!
Whether you struggled from the start or hit a stumbling block at the end, you're shot at redemption is right around the corner.
With the Knockout Round set to begin on Wednesday, you don't have much time to rearrange your roster. Here's a quick rundown of what you need to know.
1. You have UNLIMITED transfers.
2. Pick whoever you want, but you cannot exceed 8 players from one particular team (until MLS Cup).
3. All transfers must be completed 15 minutes prior to the start of the first game: Seattle vs Colorado on Wednesday (10:30 pm ET, NBCSN).
|Next Round||Deadline||Free Transfers|
|Knockout Round||Oct 30, 10:15 pm ET||Unlimited|
|Conference Semifinals - 1st Leg||Nov 2, 7:45 pm ET||10|
|Conference Semifinals - 2nd Leg||Nov 6, 7:30 pm ET||4|
|Conference Finals - 1st Leg||Nov 9, 3:30 pm ET||6|
|Conference Finals - 2nd Leg||Nov 23, 3:30 pm ET||4|
|MLS Cup final||Dec 7, 4 pm ET||6|
1. Pick 11-12 players from the teams you like and use the remaining 3-4 picks to prepare for the next round (image, top).
2. Focus on a game plan and commit to it. If you think both games will be low-scoring, go with five defenders on your backline. If you think it's going to be non-stop action, go with a more attack-heavy lineup.
3. From here on out, it is in your best interest to plan ahead. A little extra preparation could take you from 3,000th to 500th before you know it. Or, maybe it vaults you into the running for some prizes!
A lot of people try to have the best of both worlds in the playoffs. They'll start Marco Di Vaio at one end and start Houston Dynamo defenders at the other. Personally, I would advise against this.
Load up on defenders who you think will earn clean sheets and pick cautiously elsewhere. Or, if you think Di Vaio is destined to score, pick defenders from one of the other three teams.
Some of you aren't big risk takers, but at this point, it's all or nothing. You could make up serious ground if you go all in on the right guys, but you have to be willing to commit.
I've dropped a little in the overall rankings the past few weeks so maybe I'm just trying to make up for it, but my motto for MLS Fantasy Playoffs is: Go big or go home!
If you need any additional advice comment below or hit me up on Twitter. Good luck in the playoffs!