There are only three weeks left in the 2013 regular season, yet not a single team has clinched a playoff spot. That could change this weekend. In fact, four teams could punch their postseason tickets.
New York, Seattle and Real Salt Lake can clinch a playoff spot simply by winning their respective games on Saturday. Sporting KC also can book a spot with a victory, but they'll need a little help with two other results going their way.
Here's the complete breakdown of possibilities for Week 32, updated to reflect Friday night's results:
New York Red Bulls will clinch a berth in the MLS Cup Playoffs IF
· New York Red Bulls win or tie vs. New England Revolution on Saturday
Sporting Kansas City will clinch a berth in the MLS Cup Playoffs IF
· Sporting Kansas City win vs. Columbus Crew on Saturday AND
· New England Revolution tie or lose vs. New York Red Bulls on Saturday AND
· Philadelphia Union lose vs. Toronto FC on Saturday
Seattle Sounders FC will clinch a berth in the MLS Cup Playoffs IF
· Seattle Sounders FC win vs. Colorado Rapids on Saturday
Real Salt Lake will clinch a berth in the MLS Cup Playoffs IF
· Real Salt Lake win vs. FC Dallas on Saturday
D.C. United, Toronto FC and Chivas USA have been eliminated from postseason contention.