With all the hoopla surrounding the departure of head coach Robert Warzycha on Monday, few would've predicted a 2-0 victory for the Columbus Crew Wednesday night. And not one person could've predicted their total domination of the Round 29 midweek Dream Team.
The Crew occupy seven of the 11 positions available while the Seattle Sounders grabbed the remaining four spots. The Houston Dynamo and Chivas USA did not manage to get a single player on the midweek DT, although Dynamo goalkeeper Tally Hall did stop a penalty kick en route to an eight-point performance.
Forward Justin Meram led all players with 13 points. Meram had nine recoveries, four key passes and one big chance created to go along with a goal and an assist. This was just the second time he played the full 90 minutes and his first double-digit performance all season. His previous best was a mere four points.
Key Players - Wednesday point totals
- Tally Hall - 8 points
- Michael Gspurning - 7 points
- DeAndre Yedlin - 6 points
- Mauro Rosales - 5 points
- Brad Davis - 5 points
- Bobby Boswell - 3 points
- Erik Torres - 2 points
- Will Bruin - 1 point
- Obafemi Martins - Did not play (failed pregame fitness test)
Upcoming fixtures for midweek teams
- Sporting KC vs Columbus Crew - (9/7, 8:30 pm ET)
- Seattle Sounders vs Chicago Fire - (9/7, 10 pm ET)
- Houston Dynamo vs New York Red Bulls - (9/8, 5 pm ET)
- Chivas USA vs D.C. United - (9/8, 9 pm ET)
How did your midweek players perform? Are you beating your opponent in Round 1 of the Fantasy Cup? Leave your comments below.