Since fan voting for the 2013 AT&T MLS All-Star Game opened on June 10, the ballots have been flying in for the All-Star Fan XI.
Thursday, a new wrinkle will officially be added to the mix: The Twitter vote.
How does it all work? Here's what you need to know:
- Voting is open until from 12pm ET Thursday, June 20 to 11:59pm ET Friday, June 21, 2013. A short window, so make sure you get as many tweets in as you can.
An eligible vote consists of the hashtag #MLSAllStar
- AND the player's full name (first and last required) with or without a space (Example: Jack McInerney, or JackMcInerney);
- OR their twitter @handle (Example: @JackMcInerney9).
- A user may vote for multiple players in a tweet; however, a user may not vote for a single player multiple times within one tweet.
- A user may only vote for players on the All-Star ballot (click here to see the full ballot).
- There is no limit to the number of tweets a user may submit for any one player. Go nuts.
- Each Twitter vote counts equal to one text vote, or one online vote.
So that's the deal. Get your Twitter game is ready, the All-Star Fan XI depends on it.