Note: For the latest news and advice regarding MLS Fantasy Soccer follow @MLSFantasy
Fan voting has officially begun for the 2013 MLS All-Star game, so to makes things interesting I’ve selected a 15-player All-Star Fantasy team based on total points.
The monetary value of this team is $114.5m, which means you won't be able to recreate this team if you're just joining the league. Not even the wealthiest manager, Money McMoneybags (Team Value - $113.0m), would be able to drop a Wildcard and pick up this team in MLS Fantasy Soccer: Manager.
The team above is made up of the top point-getters at each position. Basically, it's the MLS Fantasy All-Star (Dream Team) after 15 weeks. It's a really good team, but are all these players actually All-Star worthy? You decide.
MLS Fantasy All-Star (Dream Team) - Total Price $114.5m
- GK – Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake)
- GK – Luis Robles (New York Red Bulls)
- DEF – Matt Hedges (FC Dallas)
- DEF – Aurélien Collin (Sporting KC)
- DEF – Jámison Olave (New York Red Bulls)
- DEF – José Gonçalves (New England Revolution)
- DEF – Michel (FC Dallas)
- MID – Graham Zusi (Sporting KC)
- MID – Amobi Okugo (Philadelphia Union)
- MID – Javier Morales (Real Salt Lake)
- MID – Will Johnson (Portland Timbers)
- MID – Mike Magee (Chicago Fire)
- FWD – Federico Higuain (Columbus Crew)
- FWD – Jack McInerney (Philadelphia Union)
- FWD –Claudio Bieler (Sporting KC)
Quite a few of these players will be on the real 2013 AT&T MLS All-Star team, but which ones will fall short? Statistically speaking, all of these players should be at least worthy of the honor. They've performed better at their position than the rest of the league from an analytical perspective, and that is why they've accumulated the most points in FS:M. If we were to measure All-Star candidates up until this point solely on the numbers, these 15 players would be on the All-Star team no questions asked.
Let us know what you think in the comment section below. If you had to choose, who would you replace and why?