CD Olimpia vs. Houston Dynamo
Estadio Tiburcio Carías Andino, Tegucigalpa, Honduras
CONCACAF Champions League Group 3
August 30, 2012
10 pm ET, Fox Soccer, Univision Deportes
The Houston Dynamo continue their 2012-13 CONCACAF Champions League campaign with a trip to Honduras on Thursday to face domestic champion CD Olimpia. The Dynamo are coming off a 3-1 win over CD FAS in their first group-stage match, last Wednesday. Houston are tied for first place in the group with Olimpia, after the Honduran club defeated FAS 3-0 in their first match. The game will be the fourth in a stretch of six games in 19 days for Houston. Following the match, the Dynamo will head to Chicago for an Eastern Conference showdown with the Fire on Sunday night at Toyota Park.
Marco Rodríguez (MEX). AR1 (bench): Marvin Torrentera; AR2 (opposite): Marcos Quintero; 4th: Fabricio Morales
INJURY REPORT PRESENTED BY THE METHODIST HOSPITAL SYSTEM (As of Tuesday, August 28)
HOUSTON DYNAMO -- OUT: DF Alex Dixon (heat illness); DF Warren Creavalle (L ankle sprain); MF Brad Davis (illness)
- This is the first meeting between the two clubs
- This is the first trip to Honduras for the Dynamo
- This is the first meeting between the Dynamo and a club from Honduras
- The Dynamo are 1-3-4 all-time on the road in CONCACAF Champions League
- Olimpia is 4-1-1 all-time at home in CONCACAF Champions League
- Olimpia is 3-1-1 all-time at Estadio Tiburcio Carías Andino
- Olimpia's last loss at Estadio Tiburcio Carías Andino came to the Montreal Impact (10/01/08)
LAST MATCH (MLS)
- The Dynamo are coming off a 1-1 draw at home to Toronto FC
- Will Bruin put the Dynamo ahead in the 21st minute off a beautiful feed from Boniek Garcia
- Terry Dunfield evened the match in the 85th minute off a header from a long ball from Darren O'Dea
- Lineup: Tally Hall; Andre Hainault, Bobby Boswell, Jermaine Taylor, Corey Ashe; Boniek Garcia, Ricardo Clark (Je-Vaughn Watson 77), Brad Davis; Calen Carr, Will Bruin (Brian Ching 84), Macoumba Kandji (Adam Moffat 73).
LAST MATCH (CCL)
- The Dynamo defeated FAS 3-1 in their first group stage match on August 22
- Brian Ching and Cam Weaver provided the first-half goals for Houston, while Je-Vaughn Watson provided the insurance goal in the second goal
- Jonathan Aguila scored the lone goal for FAS
- Lineup: Tyler Deric; Kofi Sarkodie, Bobby Boswell, Nate Sturgis, Warren Creavalle (Brian Ownby 70); Je-Vaughn Watson, Adam Moffat, Luiz Camargo (Brad Davis 81), Colin Clark (Josue Soto 86); Brian Ching, Cam Weaver.
- Olimpia cruised to a 3-0 victory over FAS on August 2.
- Juan Garcia, Luciano Emilio and Roger rojas provided the goals for the Honduran club
- Lineup: Escober; J. García, de Souza, Beckeles, Palacios; Rosano (C. Mejia 69), Reyna, Portillo, Tilguath; Emilio (Caetano 78), J. Mejía (Rojas 61).
WATCH: Kinnear, Weaver break down Hondurans