It's debatable whether you want to have the same players that everyone else has, but it's always interesting to take a look at who the most popular players are.
Here are the top 10 players right now in MLS Fantasy Soccer: Manager.
- Landon Donovan, 24.3% -- He's expensive ($10.5m) but obviously a lot of people are expecting big things from the Galaxy star.
- Hunter Jumper 24% -- The Chicago youngster is a low-cost option ($4.0m) that many people are using to round out their roster.
- Eric Marscheider 22.8% -- Another salary-saving choice ($3.5m), but the Houston keeper isn't going to see much playing time.
- Bill Hamid 22.1% -- The D.C. United #1 keeper is one of the best bargains in the league at only $5.5m.
- Thierry Henry 21.4% -- Same price as LD, but New York's DP is not quite as popular with the FS:M crowd.
- Dwayne De Rosario 21.3% -- Costlier than Donovan and Henry at $11m, but United's star always has the potential to put up some huge number.
- Kelyn Rowe 20.5% -- The pundits favorite mid-priced ($6.0m) midfielder. The Revs rookie looked great in preseason, but will it translate in the real thing?
- Brek Shea 18.9% -- Remains to be seen if the Dallas winger can repeat his numbers from 2011, but his Donovan-level price ($10.5m) obviously isn't scaring people away.
- Donovan Ricketts 18.3% -- Another terrific deal at just $5.5m, but there are huge questions about the Montreal defense in front of him.
- Andrew Wenger 18% -- The Impact rookie is a fantastic bargain for a striker ($5.5m), but will he even play forward? Will he even play early on?