Week 19 belongs to Sporting KC when it comes to awards.
Sporting striker Kei Kamara’s flying strike was named AT&T Goal of the Week on Friday morning, and now goalkeeper Jimmy Nielsen has earned the nod for Save of the Week.
Nielsen’s stupendous save came in the 3rd minute against Toronto FC. The Reds’ new DP Danny Koevermans was left alone in the middle and his redirection looked set to go in the back of then until Nielsen dove to push it wide.
This is the Danish keeper’s first weekly award of the season.
Click here to see complete list of this season's Save of the Week winners.
Watch: Nielsen flies across to deny Koevermans
Final voting tally:
- Jimmy Nielsen, Sporting KC 58.56%
- Frank Rost, New York Red Bulls 19.11%
- Tally Hall, Houston Dynamo 14.13%
- Stefan Frei, Toronto FC 6.26%
- Jon Busch, San Jose Earthquakes 1.94%