HOW ACQUIRED: Acosta signed a Homegrown contract with FC Dallas on July 12, 2012.
One of the prized products of FC Dallas' prolific academy, Acosta logged three full seasons as a professional before his 21st birthday as a promising talent took flight under the tutelage of coach Oscar Pareja. A longtime US youth international, the Homegrown is a rangy, two-footed player versatile enough to play multiple spots in central midfield or either fullback position. Acosta worked his way into the Texas club's lineup at right back in 2014 before assuming a deep midfield role the following year, helping power FCD's run to the top of the Western Conference regular-season standings and the conference championship round of the playoffs, earning a US national team callup in the process.
- 24 Under 24 2015: #14 Kellyn Acosta, FC Dallas
- 10 Things: FC Dallas' versatile Kellyn Acosta on playing for his childhood MLS idol
- Acosta shows "personality, physicality" at heart of FCD midfield in breakthrough year
- ExtraTime Radio: From academy to first team, Kellyn Acosta's rise with FC Dallas
- FCDallas.com: Acosta's bio
INTERNATIONAL: The youngest member of the US squad at the 2013 U-20 World Cup, Acosta also took part in the 2015 U-20 cycle and took part in US Soccer's Bradenton Residency. He was called into Jurgen Klinsmann's 2016 January camp and earned his first senior cap in a friendly vs. Iceland on January 30.