Hometown: Plano, TX
College: University of Notre Dame
Acquired: Selected by the Rapids with the 11th overall pick (first round) of the 2013 MLS SuperDraft on January 17, 2013
- Appeared in 30 games for the season, starting 27.
- Scored five goals and contributed nine assists, while holding down an important position in midfield for most of the season.
- Initially handed the captain’s armband following the season-ending injury sustained by Drew Moor, until the final three games of the season, when Zat Knight took over as skipper.
- Named MLS Rookie of the Year for his standout debut season, scoring five goals and adding six assists in his 30 games played (29 started) while solidifying his spot in the starting lineup as a central attacking midfielder.
- Awarded 2013 Rapids MVP honors in end-of-season ceremony.
- Made his MLS debut, playing 75 minutes, in the first game of the season against Dallas on March 2; scored his first professional goal on March 30 against the Timbers.
- Started 64 out of 78 games at Notre Dame, serving as team captain his senior year. Contributed 10 goals and 22 assists throughout his collegiate career.
- 2012 honors: NSCAA First Team All-American; NSCAA All-Great Lakes Region First Team; MAC Hermann Trophy Semifinalist; All-Big East First Team.
- Named to the All-Big East Second team both his sophomore and junior year, and All-Big East Rookie Team his freshmen year
- Member of U.S. U-18 and U-20 national teams.
- Played in 2009 FIFA U-20 World Cup in Egypt.
- 2012 Milk Cup champion with U.S. U-20 team; named Milk Cup MVP.
- Played for Plano Senior High School.
- 2008-2009 Gatorade National Boys Soccer Player of the Year; U.S. Soccer Development Academy Co-Player of the Year, and 2008 NSCAA High School All-American.
- Played for Andromeda SC in the U.S. Soccer Development Academy; won U-17 national championship.
- Played with the U.S. Youth Soccer ODP All-Star 91s at the 2007 Disney Showcase.
- Father Michael Powers played sixteen years with the Dallas Sidekicks in the Major Indoor Soccer League.
- Graduated from Notre Dame’s College of Arts and Letters as a Political Science major; Peace Studies minor.
- Member of Notre Dame’s Leadership Academy.