Signed with FC Dallas on loan from Atletico Paranaense on Feb. 28, 2009.
- 2012: Ferreira made his return to the FC Dallas lineup on July 4 after missing 45 games… He quickly returned to his elite level and ended the season as FC Dallas’ leader in assists (9) despite playing 305 less minutes than Jackson, who ranked second on the team with seven assists… Ferreira achieved his MLS-high in assists per 90 minutes (0.57)… He pulled FC Dallas into a late-season playoff race against Vancouver by scoring two goals and three assists in two road victories over Whitecaps FC (Aug. 11) and Real Salt Lake (Aug. 15). For his efforts, Ferreira was named MLS Player of the Week for Week 25.
- 2011: Ferreira tallied seven points in six games before being sidelined for the remainder of the season after breaking his ankle in a 2-1 win against Vancouver on April 23. Prior to the injury, Ferreira had three goals and an assist in his last 235 minutes of action.
- 2010: Named Major League Soccer’s MVP on November 20... Tied for the MLS lead in game-winning assists (5)... Scored two game-winning goals... Was involved in 21 of Dallas’ 41 goals on the season (51%)... Drew a league-leading 84 fouls from opponents... Played all but one minute on the season (2,699)... Averaged 1.75 points per game during FC Dallas’ run to MLS Cup
- 2009: Started all 30 regular season games..Made his FC Dallas and Major League Soccer debut in the season opener on March 21 versus Chicago Fire…Recorded his first assist in a FC Dallas uniform on April 19 versus Toronto FC on a Kenny Cooper goal in the 44th minute… Scored his first MLS goal on June 7 versus the San Jose Earthquakes…Was the second-leading goal scorer on the team with eight goals…Was the third-leading assist leader on the team with seven.
- 2005-2009: Joined Clube Atletico Paranaense in 2005, where he has started 175 games (out of 179), scoring 38 goals and adding 42 assists…Faced FC Dallas on March 7, 2007 in the first-ever USA-Brazil Challenge game in Curitiba, Brazil…From February to June 2008, spent time on loan to Dubai club Al-Shabab, making 12 appearances on the way to winning the United Arab Emirates league title, before returning to Atletico Paranaense.
- 2000-2005: Joined first division (Copa Mustang) club America de Cali in 2000, where he would win three consecutive league championships (2000-2002), before moving to Atletico Paranaense in 2005.
- 1999: Moved within the country’s second division to join Real Cartagena, and won the league title that year.
- 1997-1999: Began his professional career with Colombian Primera B club Expreso Rojo in 1997.
Is a current member of the Colombian national team, having most recently represented his country in an October 11, 2008 World Cup Qualifier versus Paraguay…Was also a part of the Colombia team that won the CONMEBOL Copa America in 2001, in addition to participating in the 2004 and 2007 editions of the competition.
Is the third player loaned to FC Dallas from Brazilian partner Clube Atletico Paranaense (Andre Rocha 2008-09, Ricardinho 2007-2008).