Super Y-League Training Info
Open tryouts for D.C. United's Super Y-League teams wrapped up this weekend, with training sessions for the U-16 and U-19 Boys and U-14 Girls age groups taking place on Sunday May 23rd and Monday May 24th. The coaches for each age group are currently selecting a pool of players for their final rosters. Players who have been selected for the roster pool will be notified via e-mail or phone call, with a follow-up letter within the week.
Players who have not been selected will also be notified. Many talented players will not be selected to the squad, despite excelling in all of the tryout phases. Over 500 players participated in the open tryout process, making the job of selecting a final roster of 25-30 players per age group quite difficult for the coaches.
Training for all age groups will begin shortly, with games running from mid-June to mid-August. Participation in the D.C. United Super Y-League program does not conflict with any prior commitments to club, high school or ODP teams. Former players in the D.C. United Super Y-League program have gone on to play at the highest levels, including major college and university programs, professional teams and the U.S. National Team residency program in Bradenton, FL.
Some of the major benefits of participation in the D.C. United Super Y-League program are:
- Weekly training sessions with highly experienced coaches
- Matches against the highest level competition available
- All USL registration fees, Referee fees, coaching and field usage fees covered
- Interaction with D.C. United first team players and staff at training sessions
- Goalkeeper training sessions with Mark Simpson, D.C. United Assistant Coach and former goalkeeper.
- Usage of RFK Training facilities for select home matches
- Ticket to a D.C. United Super Y-League team night at a D.C. United home game.
For more information about D.C. United's Y-League program, contact John Harkes at (202) 587-5000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.