Kreis is MLS' all-time leading scorer
Burn forward Jason Kreis, the all-time leading scorer in team history, has accomplished yet another historic milestone in his storied career. Kreis scored his 89th career goal on June 26 against D.C. United to become the all-time leader in goals in league history. To take the lead, he passed former MLS striker Roy Lassiter.Following are some of the historic highlights in Kreis' illustrious MLS career:
- Drafted in the sixth round (43rd overall) in the 1996 MLS Draft.
- Scored the first goal in team history on April 18, 1996 in a 3-0 victory over Kansas City.
- Led the team in scoring in 1996, 1998, 1999, 2000 and 2002.
- In 1999, was the first American-born player to be named MLS MVP after capturing the league scoring title with 18 goals and 15 assists for 51 points.
- Became the first player in league history to register 15 goals and 15 assists in the same season in 1999.
- Was named MLS Player of the Week a record six times in 1999.
- Has been named to the MLS All-Star team six times.
- Set a team record in 2000 by registering a point in seven consecutive matches and tied a Burn record by scoring a goal in five consecutive matches.
- In 2002, became only the second player in league history to amass 60 career goals and 60 career assists.
- In 2002, became only the third player to amass 200 career points. Currently ranks second all-time in league history in total points with 235.