Benny Feilhaber captures Player of the Week award after pair of strong performances in Week 19
Benny Feilhaber is a man possessed right now.
Playing two games in four days, the 2010 World Cup veteran dazzled MLS fans everywhere by leading Sporting Kansas City to a pair of 2-1 victories. The veteran midfielder registered an assist and scored an emphatic, stoppage-time winner in a road win against the Columbus Crew last Wednesday, only to return home and score a magnificent free kick in a triumph over the LA Galaxy on Saturday.
The two stellar showings earned Feilhaber Week 19's MLS Player of the Week award, making him the second Sporting KC player to claim the honors this season. (See how the North American Soccer Reports voted here.) Graham Zusi won it back in Week 4.
2014 MLS PLAYER OF THE WEEK
- Week 19: Benny Feilhaber (Sporting Kansas City)
- Week 18: Thierry Henry (New York Red Bulls)
- Week 17: Erick Torres (Chivas USA)
- Week 16: Jack McInerney (Montreal Impact)
- Week 15: Luis Silva (D.C. United)
- Week 14: Fanendo Adi (Portland Timbers)
- Week 13: Deshorn Brown (Colorado Rapids)
- Week 12: Landon Donovan (LA Galaxy)
- Week 11: Federico Higuaín (Columbus Crew)
- Week 10: Harry Shipp (Chicago Fire)
- Week 9: Joao Plata (Real Salt Lake)
- Week 8: Bradley Wright-Phillips (New York Red Bulls)
- Week 7: Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake)
- Week 6: Clint Dempsey (Seattle Sounders)
- Week 5: Clint Dempsey (Seattle Sounders)
- Week 4: Graham Zusi (Sporting Kansas City)
- Week 3: Bernardo Añor (Columbus Crew)
- Week 2: Jermain Defoe (Toronto FC)
- Week 1: Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake)