Fantasy Cup starts August 30, so create a team and win prizes!
Whether you're new to MLS Fantasy, a set-it-and-forget person or someone who spends countless hours at work debating who to pick up each week, the Fantasy Cup is for you!
On Wednesday, I gave you a brief rundown of the Fantasy Cup and how it all works. Today I'm going to share the whole kit and caboodle. Below you'll find everything you need to know in order to get involved.
If you've already been playing MLS Fantasy this season, you probably don't need me to tell you how to login or how to set up a team. But for those of you who are new, we have all the tools to help you get started in the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) section. It's really simple so give it a try now!
Those who are new to MLS Fantasy Soccer: Manager must create a team before the deadline – August 30, 6:45pm ET – in order to be eligible to compete in the Fantasy Cup. If you already have a team, you're good to go. Set your lineup for total domination in Round 28 and wait for the points to start rolling in.
The Fantasy Cup is a game within a game. It's a head-to-head, single-elimination tournament that coincides with the MLS regular season, playoffs and MLS Cup final.
The top 16,384 scorers from Round 28 (August 30 - September 1) will be assigned an opponent at random to compete against in Round 29. The winner advances to the next round (assigned another opponent at random) and the loser is out of the tournament.
Key Game Details
- Participants will be selected based on scores earned during Round 28
- Previous scores and your overall ranking are not relevant
- The top 16,384 scorers from Round 28 make the cut
- Players who qualify will be assigned an opponent by random drawing
- Head-to-head, single-elimination format until a winner is crowned in Round 42
If a playoff match is drawn, then the following tie-breaks will be applied until a winner is found:
- Most goals scored in the round
- Fewest goals conceded in the round
- Virtual coin toss
Play starts in Round 29 and goes until the very last game of the season: MLS Cup Final. The player with the most points in each head-to-head round advances while the loser is out of the tournament. You can still compete in the regular version of Fantasy Soccer Manager.
- Round 29 - 16,384 players
- Round 30 - 8,192 players
- Round 31 - 4,096 players
- Round 32 - 2,048 players
- Round 33 - 1,024 players
- Round 34 - 512 players
- Round 35 - 256 players
- Round 36 (End of MLS regular season) - 128 players
- Round 37 (Wildcard matches) - 64 players
- Round 38 (Conference Semis Leg 1) - 32 players
- Round 39 (Conference Semis Leg 2) - 16 players
- Round 40 (Conference Finals Leg 1) - 8 players
- Round 41 (Conference Finals Leg 2) - 4 players
- Round 42 (MLS Cup) - Finalists
- Winner - $500 in MLSgear.com gift certificates
- Runner up - $100 MLSgear.com gift certificate
To participate you must be an individual who resides in one of the fifty (50) United States of America or Canada and must be at least the age of majority in your jurisdiction of residence for the duration of the Games. TO BE ELIGIBLE TO WIN PRIZES, YOU MUST BE AT LEAST THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN YOUR JURISDICTION PURSUANT TO THESE TERMS.
Only one team per person. Any additional teams will be void.
Good luck everyone!