Galaxy face another injury concern ahead of Cup: Sarvas

MLS Cup 2012: Marcelo Sarvas

Photo Credit: 
Getty Images

CARSON, Calif. — LA Galaxy training was open for only 15 minutes on Thursday morning, but one aspect stood out: Midfielder Marcelo Sarvas was doing some laps on his own around the practice field.

After the session, which comes just two days before MLS Cup 2012 (4:30 pm ET on ESPN, TeleFutura, TSN/RDS in Canada), the Brazilian revealed that he in fact succumbed to an injury earlier this week.

"I suffered an injury to my ankle on Monday of this week, but the team doctors managed things pretty quickly," Sarvas told FutbolMLS.com. "And now today I feel good. I was able to run. Tomorrow, I'm going to train normally with the team and I'm going to be read for Saturday."

Despite suffering the ankle issue on Monday, Sarvas was not listed on the league's official Tuesday injury report.

WATCH: Sarvas speaks to FutbolMLS.com

The 31-year-old Sarvas has started two of five Galaxy playoff matches, going a full 90 in the only two losses that LA have suffered in the 2012 postseason: at home vs. San Jose and in Seattle.

In addition to the center back choice that LA manager Bruce Arena claims he faces — rookie Tommy Meyer or the recovering A.J. DeLaGarza? — it would seem that Sarvas' injury setback could rule out another potential variation in the Galaxy's lineup against the Houston Dynamo.

Like DeLaGarza, Sarvas will gut it out in order to be there on Saturday afternoon.

"I'm going to be there with my teammates," Sarvas said. "It's a game which every player wants to be part of because it was a very long season and I can't miss the last game."