CD FAS vs Houston Dynamo 08-23-2012 - Preview
CCL preview: Houston kick things off with El Salvador trip
Houston Dynamo at CD FAS
Wednesay, August 22, 9 p.m. CT
Estadio Cuscatlán, San Salvador, El Salvador
TV: Fox Soccer, Univision Deportes 2
The Houston Dynamo begin their 2012-13 CONCACAF Champions League campaign on Wednesday at Estadio Cuscatlán, the national stadium of El Salvador, with their opening Group Stage game against C.D. FAS. The Dynamo, which qualified for Champions League by advancing to MLS Cup 2011, open the tournament with a pair of road games – Wednesday at FAS and Aug. 30 at C.D. Olimpia of Honduras – before hosting the final two group games on Sept. 20 (vs. FAS) and Oct. 23 (vs. Olimpia). Wednesday’s game comes during a stretch of three games in seven days and six games in 19 days for the Dynamo, as they balance their push for the MLS playoffs with Champions League group play.
WATCH: Houston talk trip to El Salvador
REFEREE: Marcos Brea (Cuba). AR1 (bench): Hiran Dopico; AR2 (opposite): Jose Rodrigues; 4th: David Rubalcaba
INJURY REPORT (As of Tuesday, August 21)
HOUSTON DYNAMO -- OUT: DF Alex Dixon (heat illness); QUESTIONABLE: MF Ricardo Clark (L ankle sprain)
- This is the first meeting between the two clubs
- The Dynamo are 3-1-1 all-time vs. clubs from El Salvador
- The Dynamo are 0-1-1 in El Salvador
- The Dynamo are 0-0-1 playing at Estadio Cuscatlán (1-1 draw vs. Luis Angel Firpo)
- FAS has never played a team from the United States
- The Dynamo are coming off a 2-2 draw at home to the Columbus Crew on Aug. 19
- Brad Davis put the Dynamo ahead in the first half and Adam Moffat scored in the 82nd minute to give Houston a point and extend their home unbeaten streak to 20 games.
- Lineup: Tally Hall; Andre Hainault, Bobby Boswell, Jermaine Taylor, Corey Ashe (Cam Weaver 76); Boniek Garcia, Adam Moffat, Brad Davis; Calen Carr, Will Bruin (Brian Ching 76), Macoumba Kandji (Ricardo Clark 63).
- FAS lost their first CCL group stage match to Olimpia 3-0 on August 2.
- Nestor Renderos picked up a red card in the 69th minute.
- Lineup: Arroyo; Flores, Carrillo, Moscoso, Mendoza; Renderos, Morán (Sanchez 54), Álvarez, Figueroa; Águila (Valle 80), de la Cruz (Ulloa 63).