24 Under 24: Fans can now vote for MLS' top young players
The polls are now open.
Fan voting launched on Monday in MLSsoccer.com's third annual 24 Under 24, the ranking of the top young players in MLS (vote now by clicking here).
For the first time this year, the fan ballots will count for 10 percent of a player's ranking with the other 90 percent determined by the submissions of an expert media panel, including the editorial staff of MLSsoccer.com. FC Dallas winger Brek Shea (2011) and Seattle forward Fredy Montero (2010) finished No. 1 in the first two editions.
There are 182 players eligible for selection in 2012. To qualify, players have to be 23 years old or younger as of the end of the 2012 regular season on October 28, 2012.
Fan voting closes on Friday, August 24 at 5 pm ET.