Way to go, MLS fans.
You may have broken one of the most prolific communication tools to ever exist. Literally the minute we announced AT&T #MLSAllStar twitter voting was live, the platform stopped working. In fact, it was so dead that users didn't even get the Twitter whale to share in their tweetless solitude.
We may not be thinking scientifically here, but we're having a good time theorizing that this timing couldn't be coincidence, and instead was due to the onslaught of #MLSAllStar tweets occurring at that very moment. Seems plausible right? At least a few folks agreed with us.
It must have been all the #MLSAllStar voting that killed Twitter today.
— Ben Heart The Soccer (@thelosthooligan) June 21, 2012
— J.J. Compton (@okchrlib) June 21, 2012
#MLSAllStar is trending. WELL NO WONDER TWITTER BROKE.
— Pope (@Pope_hates_you) June 21, 2012
Luckily, Twitter is back up and running and there is still time left to vote for your favorite players. Here's the scoop:
Tweet a vote for your First XI players. Voting is open until Friday, June 22, at 11:59 PM ET.
- An eligible vote consists of #MLSAllStar and the player's name (first and last required), with or without a space.
- A user may vote for multiple players in a tweet; however, a user may not vote for a single player multiple times within one tweet.
- There is no limit to the number of tweets a user may submit for any one player.
- All users must follow @MLS for their votes to be eligible.
- Choose from the 114 eligible players below, pre-determined by a panel of select media members.
Click here for the Twitter ballot, and remember to watch the 2012 AT&T MLS All-Star Game on July 25, 8:30 pm ET on ESPN2/TeleFutura/TSN/RDS!